Scratching my head

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ant329

Aquarium Advice Freak
Why??? What do you think caused this??

Attachments

• image-3425049042.jpg
    image-3425049042.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 145
Maybe something hit it or it was built to hold water? There's many possibilities. Sorry for your loss :(

Did you experience the earthquake? I would just go get another tank from petco right now. :)

Wow, I'm so sorry. I cannot even imagine. That's like my worse nightmare.

What were the circumstances surrounding that discovery?

is that the heater right there? sometimes heaters up against the glass can overheat and crack the glass

I just went out and bought the same tank!!. The cracked tank i bought new 8 years ago.. The only thing that i can conclude from this is that my heater popped and hit side of tank probably just enough to disturb the glass and the glass just kinda popped and shattered if you look at picture you can see the heater cracked and sticking out of tank.. All the guts inside the heater was in my tank.

Looks like a stealth pro to me. I'd say the heater exploded and broke your glass.

I was wondering, I was on my phone when I saw the pic. If that is a stealth pro you should contact marineland with pictures and the backstory of what happened, this is not the first time this has happened, it's happened so much that they did a complete recall on their stealth pro heater line.

Hopefully they will do some sort of recompense.

Back
Top Bottom