Scud?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chillie308

Aquarium Advice Regular
I found several of these in my tank what the heck are they!?!?! How do I get rid of them in my shrimp tank? Is this a Scud???

Attachments

• IMG_20160226_113509.jpg
    IMG_20160226_113509.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_20160226_113531.jpg
    IMG_20160226_113531.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 146
Yep, that would be a scud. I have (or had, till the puffs found them :lol: ) them in my tank, perfectly fine. Just another microorganism that lives in our tanks. Shouldn't be a threat.

Many people says scuds will eat your baby shrimps

Sent from my LG-H345 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I dont see any other people keeping them maybe that's why but fish do love to eat them

Well that's great.... Any idea how to get rid of them? My tank is an over stocked tank it houses about 30-40 nebula steel guppies (some being large females I read could do the job) and around 50 red rili shrimp which at the time I don't have a population issue but makes me wonder how many babies arent making it and how long before utter doom takes place.

Ever since I purchased some hornwart and threw it in there 6 months ago I've been seeing these things along with pond snails (which I usually dispatch 3 a day still whenever I see them) that's the only plant in my tank....worst purchase ever

Just scoop them if you see them

Scuds don't eat shrimp fry, I had a colony of them in my 1 gal and I also raised about 7 rcs shrimplets in there

Sent via echolocation

Scuds don't eat shrimp fry, I had a colony of them in my 1 gal and I also raised about 7 rcs shrimplets in there

Sent via echolocation

many people have different opinion and different experience I prefer not to..

I think that if u only raised 7 rcs shrimplets where is the rest??? one patch produced from 20-50 shrimplets this 7 most be lucky to hide away from predators...

but hey if u gonna let scuds I n your shrimp tank let us know how it goes =D

Back
Top Bottom