seachem paraguard reviews

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

almcloud

Aquarium Advice Freak
I red good things about Seachem Paraguard reviews. It said it can be used whenever new fish are introduced to a community tank. Need to remove carbon filter? If yes, that's my main filter, what do I use instead for the time being?Have a Marineland Pengin 350B "BioWheel"
What are your opinions?
Anybody who used or is using it?
:thanks:

I don't know how well it works but I wouldn't use it unless you are treating for a specific disease. If you're wary of adding new fish to a tank you should just quarantine them for at least 2 weeks for observation and then treat them if they show signs before putting them into the main tank.

If you must use it then here is an easy way that will also save you money.

The Penguins have a lot of space for media. Take out the filter cartridge and cut a slit at the bottom. Shake out all the carbon and put the cartridge back in. Done. Now, when it comes time to change your filter cartridge (which you should not be doing unless it's falling apart) you can just rip off the floss from the plastic frame and attach a cut piece of bulk floss with rubber bands or something. Now you don't have to buy the expensive cartridges any more.

librarygirl said:
I don't know how well it works but I wouldn't use it unless you are treating for a specific disease. If you're wary of adding new fish to a tank you should just quarantine them for at least 2 weeks for observation and then treat them if they show signs before putting them into the main tank.

Thanks.
I already have a QT tank that I set up about 48 hrs ago.
I wish I new that a few weeks ago when I got my Apisto Agassizi pair, which I lost :-(

blert said:
If you must use it then here is an easy way that will also save you money.

The Penguins have a lot of space for media. Take out the filter cartridge and cut a slit at the bottom. Shake out all the carbon and put the cartridge back in. Done. Now, when it comes time to change your filter cartridge (which you should not be doing unless it's falling apart) you can just rip off the floss from the plastic frame and attach a cut piece of bulk floss with rubber bands or something. Now you don't have to buy the expensive cartridges any more.

Thanks a lot, will do :)

Back
Top Bottom