Seaclone 150

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sango

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well I went ahead and bought it. I have read all the bad review, but for the time being it will have to work. Its said that the NEW seaclone are better then the old ones. I guess I will have to find out for myself.

I have one and it works marvelously. I havent had any problems out of it at all. The only time i had microbubbles was when it was breaking in. Now it skims about a cup a week from my 29g.

I used a Seaclone on my first reef tank and it worked great! They do not get high marks here, but I had no trouble with mine, it skimmer like crazy. The only downside is it has a longer-then-most breakin period and can be fussy to adjust. Once going, it should work just fine for you.

i like mine, skims a bunch on my 29, and its quiet, it never needs adjusting, i just leave the air tubing cover all the way out, its also one of the new and improved models and it seems to do a good job

mine is for sale, if you really are interested id be willing to part with it, i got it literally about a month ago,

I got an old SeaClone in my 33G, It does REALLY good now but it is because of the 2 mod that I did, I think that those 2 mod are almost a necessity if I compare the before and after efficiency! I got 1 cup each weeks and I really dont have a big bioload! (No fish, only live rock and 1 coral!)

Here is the 2 mod that are a must I think:
-Replace the plastic valve by a high quality metal one ( by this way, if you control your water level, you wont ever have to adjust your seaclone again! :) )
-Cut the central plastic tube to about 4" from the bottom, that will increase the efficiency alot!

For me the seaclon is now really cost effective!

i was wondering the same question, where do you get a metal valve? Do most fish stores carry them??

I cut the plastic tube to about 4" from the bottom as well, just use scissors and measure out whatever length you want. Cut the plastic and re-insert the valve!

SJS

I have the "New and Improved" Seaclone 100. I left the air intake closed for the first week. Today I tried to 'set it' and I can get it to produce foam into the collection cup, but it's producing a lot of micro-bubbles back into the tank. I've played with it for about an hour now.

I've read about water level being a problem, but no one said what the water level should be, like should the water be above or below the return tray.

I also read about putting a sponge on the return tray, but just a regular household sponge?

I haven't put any additives or treaments in my tank since Monday when I did a 10% water change.

SJSobczyk said:
i was wondering the same question, where do you get a metal valve? Do most fish stores carry them??

I cut the plastic tube to about 4" from the bottom as well, just use scissors and measure out whatever length you want. Cut the plastic and re-insert the valve!

SJS

ehhh, when you say cuttin the tube your are really talking about the iner fiberglass tube hey? (the mode is for that) 'cause in your post you seem being talking about the air intake tube... :?

Cool too see some other fans of the Seaclone!

I'll just tell you guys what I did and what are the setting, meaby it will help you, It took me a will to find the good settings... I also have about 1 cup per week, not bad! :)

Here is the mods:
-The grey plastic valve has too go to garbage! No good! By a little metal one at your LFS (they have some for the air pumps use). After setting it in the good way, you wont have to touch it no more :)

-Cutting the inner plastic FiberGlass tube at about 4-5 inch of the bottom, that allows a better contact between airbubles and water... It is a bit complicated to do, I just slowly pulled on the inner tube to remove it (it is glewed in I think)...and I broked it a bit... :( So after I cutted it to about 5inch and glued it back in! :) Now it works pretty well!

-I removed the big grey sponge at the water intake, more flow that way 8)

Someone has some other nice efficient mods?? I know that you can also cut the other little tube in the collection Cup so the foam falls faster in the cup (less traveling distance in that little tube), but that requiers too much cutting for me :(

Here is my setting:

-Water Level: I think Its always at the same level at the tip of the return tray.

-Air intake adjustment: I adjust it too hear the more possible sound, its a sort of turbulance sound that you are looking at! Works REALLY well to adjust it! 8)

Other mods someone?? :)

Here is the 2 mod that are a must I think:
-Replace the plastic valve by a high quality metal one ( by this way, if you control your water level, you wont ever have to adjust your seaclone again! )
-Cut the central plastic tube to about 4" from the bottom, that will increase the efficiency alot!

For me the seaclon is now really cost effective

anyone got a pic of this mod? i'm gonna get a 150 for my 55 gallon soon, and i wanna see what this mod is sposed to look like

I also had success with a seaclone 150 on my first setup. They work great IME. I think the only thing is that they will do fine on a smaller tank, but don't go by the suggested amount of gallons that they say it can do. I would say max would be 50G.

;)

i have a sea clone 150 on my 55gal. reef tank and it seems to pull more junk out than my pro clear75 in my sump tank. the pro clear i could never get it adjusted at the water line it was steadily running into the overflow bottle.
allen

I have a seaclone 150 and it seems to do alright. I have done the bioball mod and that is the only mod I have done to the unit.

Back
Top Bottom