seattle area lfs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
vaquero said:
it means the the other two still need a lot of soaking, they're not water logged yet. Or I have seen some driftwood that has hollow spots and there is air trapped in them. Try drilling some small holes in the bottom of the piece and see if that helps. But if they do sink then, you will have to re boil them as the tannin may be present inside also. Let me know how it goes.

Ill do a re boil on them

vaquero said:
So all is good this AM. I think I will transfer the angels to my wife's tank and see if they do better in there. I'll have to watch the ammonia and such, but I think we're okay on the amount of fish in it. She also has non aggressive fish in her tank.

Glad to hear that alls good what else is in your tank

Hey Zach, if I could get a 55 gallon would you want to buy it? I have my eye on one it doesn't have a filter or lights, but i have lights for it i think they will fit. You'd just have to spend the money on filter system.

vaquero said:
Hey Zach, if I could get a 55 gallon would you want to buy it? I have my eye on one it doesn't have a filter or lights, but i have lights for it i think they will fit. You'd just have to spend the money on filter system.

Yah i think i could id have to save up a some money first

vaquero said:
She has neon tetras, glow fish and ghost catfish, which are cool since you can see right through them.

That is cool that does sound like peaceful tank whats on yours again

Now that i swapped the mean one out no much. I did have two males and two females, you need to have more females than males to have a non aggressive bunch of Gouramis. So i have three females and one male. Nice odds huh? LOL!!!

vaquero said:
Now that i swapped the mean one out no much. I did have two males and two females, you need to have more females than males to have a non aggressive bunch of Gouramis. So i have three females and one male. Nice odds huh? LOL!!!

Lol yah that is nice odds glad it settled down maybe thats why your newer angel was died

So we are going to do a 25% water change in my wife's tank later today, and then I am going to put the Angels in it. I will have to acclimate them to her tank as my tank temp is 84 and hers is 76. Don't want to shock the little buggers!

vaquero said:
So we are going to do a 25% water change in my wife's tank later today, and then I am going to put the Angels in it. I will have to acclimate them to her tank as my tank temp is 84 and hers is 76. Don't want to shock the little buggers!

That is true dont want that thats on my to get list on my next paycheck is a heater along with a few other items

I don't think so. I think it was either the high tank temp or just bad fish from PetSmart.

I have angels from two different places and i have lost fish from both. It must be the high temp. That's all I can think of. My water tests fine and there's no disease's either. I treated for fungus and Ich. Or maybe it's the salt in the tank that I use at every water change and when I treated the tank for Ich.

ok so I called the owner of the tank and I can come pick it up today. I will hold onto it until you are able to save up the money.

vaquero said:
I have angels from two different places and i have lost fish from both. It must be the high temp. That's all I can think of. My water tests fine and there's no disease's either. I treated for fungus and Ich. Or maybe it's the salt in the tank that I use at every water change and when I treated the tank for Ich.

I could only think of high temp or problem with the store seems to come to mind has the ich cleared up

No heater also, but they are pretty cheap, make sure it is a fully submersible one too. And yes no more Ich in tank, but I plan on leaving the tank temp between 80-84.

That is true dont want that thats on my to get list on my next paycheck is a heater along with a few other items

might be some gravel last time i looked it had blue colored gravel. I use black lets my other items in tank look better and easier to see with the black bottoms seems to be good for the fish.

Back
Top Bottom