Separate during feeding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fireman731

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I have a 10 gal tank with one beta and 4 ADF... Every time I try to feed my frogs blood worms the beta gorges herself wayyyy to much and gets really stretched out. Besides trying to net her or put her in a Refugium during feeding I'm at a loss. Iv tried using tweezers and selectively feeding the frogs individually but she still keeps coming and doesn't stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hehe welcome to bettas :) sadly, theres not much you can do to fix it. Netting is stressful and damaging to fish so constantly doing that isnt the greatest idea. You will just have to feed them both at the same time and hope the frogs get enoufh.

That's why I moved my ADF to another tank. He was even bullying my mystery snail.

You have hit a compatibility issue. Sometimes even though the fish are compatible from a behavior perspective they are not from a feeding perspective.

Unfortunately, you may have to separate the betta from the ADF.

Ok so if I move the beta to another tank what would go good with the ADF? Mollies or platties or guppies? Red cherry shrimp?

Anything larger than the frogs mouths will do fine. Obviously don't house them with fish big enough to eat the frogs as well. I have dwarf gourami, neons, zebra danios, peppered cories, and an assassin snail. No issues and they get enough food.

How do you feed your frogs? I try using tweezers and reaching in and feeding them individually but they're really stupid.. They just fall on their backs and miss half the food haha

I have a 50cc syringe. I draw up the frog pellets in some tank water then I can put several right in front of their noses. They can't see well at all, but this method works for me. Also I feed the others first. That helps too.

Back
Top Bottom