Setting up fishroom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cool beans. I understand beneficial bacteria just never heard seeded b4. Fo the actual sponge filter is there any pore sizes of the sponge or models that are cheap. I will probably be buying them off ebay or amazon

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Oh and i found a guy that has koi angels about quarter size. I am going to be buying 15 of them for 33 bucks. Hes gonna ship them to me when i have a tank setup

Check dr.foster and smith. I buy everything from them. I'm buying an hikari sponge filter from them for $7. I bought 6 pearl scale platinum angels from someone on this site that are getting shipped tommorow.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Ya i saw that i would have bought them but you beat me too it lol. And is there a certain pore size on the sponge i should get?

Nah i dont think pore size really matters in a pre made one that you buy . I bought 4 smaller sponge filters for breeding guppies for like 2.90 on amazon free shipping from hong kong . They had bigger ones for 5-7 $ canadian free shipping and such .

41RYAAixgQL.jpg

These are pretty awesome for larger setups. 6.73 canadian , free shipping .

315rkvBouyL.jpg

And this is the fusion air pump i use . Only 16.79 canadian .

Ya i saw that i would have bought them but you beat me too it lol. And is there a certain pore size on the sponge i should get?

Haha, sorry about that but for 1.50ea I just had to buy them all. Lol
As said above already it doesn't matter what pore size unless your planning on building your own.

The air pump I use is a tetra whisper 40. It was $6 on dr. Foster and smith.

Ya i have one of them on my 29 gallon. I think im gonna get a whisper 100 or something similar and get an 8 way splitter with control valves on each output that they have at lfs for 5 bucks. Gonna be building a stand tommorow or tuesday.

The air pump I use is a tetra whisper 40. It was $6 on dr. Foster and smith.

Yeah i use a whisper 60 and they are great. It doesnt vibrate and move around and make alot of noise . And i got 7 things running of it . there great too .

Trying to debate whether i want a whisper or a fusion. Would a whisper 60 be big enough to run 6 sponge filters on? Which one has better build quality and longer life?
Thanks

I got my whisper 60 running 7 different things, from sponges to hang on breeders, and air stones. And my fusion runs 7 as well . the only thing i liked over the whisper was the dial you can adjust up and down , kind of neat i thought . My whisper 60 was used when i got it , and it still seems to have loads of power , there good quality . My fusion ive only had for a few weeks but i really like . Im setting up some low gallon tanks with some fry in the other room and i was looking at this one for a strong and cheap one http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B007BS0ADQ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB.
Might try it . But id say go for the whisper its only a few bucks more and there built well .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom