Setting up hospital tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yahooandgoogle

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi I am bringing home a sick goldfish today from a tank at work.
I think he is suffering from swim bladder and also due to a small tank.
I have a large glass bowl which I have had fish in before I have some spring water which I have added stress cost too. I am going to do a water change in his tank today so I have some of his water and bring him home in one of those fish bags.
Does his new tank need a filter? I'm hoping he won't be in there long then he can live in my tank after the quarantine period. I noticed in his old tank the filter was pushing him around a bit and the air filter. What else do I need? Also will the tank go through the cycling process? Am I going to have trouble with ammonia spikes. The poor little guy doesn't need that to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

In a bowl there will undoubtedly be ammonia spikes and stuff. I would do a 10g minimum for a goldfish with water changes almost daily.

Caleb

Thanks I've brought him home. I have him in shallow water to try to relieve his stomach. I have fed him a couple of peas he ate a bit. Going to pet shop tomorrow too see if they have an ideas.
He's been a bit more active tonight which I am hoping is a good sign. I read not to put as much water in enough to just cover dorsal fin. Fingers crossed he recovers.

Also he's not floating belly up when he gets tired he rests on the side. He's been trying to swim to the bottom

Back
Top Bottom