setting up my 46 gallon aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i quite fancy the fish. i may go for a diffrent chiclid than a jewel, everyone share your favorie chiclid

well it is 14x36, at the widest spot it is 18x36

Ok, in that case you could keep a GT, but it would have to be alone. Which means no catfish.

I would stick to doing:

1xJewel
3xPictus
Maybe 5xGiant Danio?

That could work...

Sent from my bed, the only space available to me that isn't smothered in dirty laundry or aquariums.

what about some smaller (4 in) rainbows, or some gouamis instead of the danios

the jewel chiclid isent set in stone, what about one of the fetherfin chiclids

Um?

Featherfin Catfish do you mean?

Please elaborate on "Featherfin Cichlids" if you can, pic or scientific name or alternative common name would be great :)

Sent from my bed, the only space available to me that isn't smothered in dirty laundry or aquariums.

Ok. I will look into them further and tell you what i think, although i don't have personal experience with them.

Oh. Lake Tang cichlids.

You're going to have to talk to somebody else about those. I am pretty useless in comparison to people like FreakGecko or TMRC when you talk about the Malawi, Victorian, and Tanganyikan Cichlids. Jewels aren't from the lakes and are a bit easier for me to understand the dynamics of. You may want to consider messaging one of the two i mentioned above. Personally, i would do both!

And i would go with Jewels, as far as looks go. I like the reds.

Peacocks are fun but you usually have to have many and it's alot of work.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Where did you get Peacocks from lol?

From out of my blank... I can't say blank on here or else I'll get blanked

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I know what you mean ;)

the catfish i called the mystic catfish i found out is Mystus vittatus, i love this catfish i may get 1 of these instead of 3 pims, so i could have more other fish,

Fish guy why don't you do a smaller African cichlid tank with like 1-3 cats???

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

the jewel chiclid isent set in stone, what about one of the fetherfin chiclids

If you wanna do tangs, go for Shellie's, you won't regret it. I'd recommend some ocellatus, or multis. They are small, but are ferocious, everytime i do a waterchange on my occie tank, and i put the syphon too close to the female's shell with eggs, the pair will start attacking the syphon and sometimes my hand, it's so fun to watch them. And the best part is, that you can also keep cats with them, like the synos.

Sent via echolocation

If you wanna do tangs, go for Shellie's, you won't regret it. I'd recommend some ocellatus, or multis. They are small, but are ferocious, everytime i do a waterchange on my occie tank, and i put the syphon too close to the female's shell with eggs, the pair will start attacking the syphon and sometimes my hand, it's so fun to watch them. And the best part is, that you can also keep cats with them, like the synos.

Sent via echolocation

REALLY, could you put them with, Raphael, mystic(one i said earlier) or pims. and can you put them with live plants.

i like the rift lake chiclid idea to

REALLY, could you put them with, Raphael, mystic(one i said earlier) or pims. and can you put them with live plants.

i like the rift lake chiclid idea to

I wouldn't recommend putting them with any of those cats, as rift lake cichlids are more into hard water, and those cats like softer water, if you wanted, you could do the rift lake cichlids with synodontis cats, they are similar to pictus cats.

Sent via echolocation

ok, are their any cats that come from the rift lakes? can i put them with live plants?

Back
Top Bottom