Setting up my first community tank...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, other fish and the platies themselves will eat the fry. There's nothing wrong with that, it's natural. If there are enough hiding spaces the fry may be able to survive, but likely not. If you want to breed and raise them, whenever the females birth you can put the fry in their own separate tank until they are big enough to go into the big tank. I'd wait until they are plenty big to not fit into anyone else's mouth, then you should be good. Raising them is pretty easy, you just have to get food small enough for them. Try googling around what people feed platy fry if you are interested in raising them.

There are other livebearers that are pretty, colorful, and easy to breed as well as platies such as swordtails and guppies. All follow the same breeding rule. :)

Yeah, other fish and the platies themselves will eat the fry. There's nothing wrong with that, it's natural. If there are enough hiding spaces the fry may be able to survive, but likely not. If you want to breed and raise them, whenever the females birth you can put the fry in their own separate tank until they are big enough to go into the big tank. I'd wait until they are plenty big to not fit into anyone else's mouth, then you should be good. Raising them is pretty easy, you just have to get food small enough for them. Try googling around what people feed platy fry if you are interested in raising them.

There are other livebearers that are pretty, colorful, and easy to breed as well as platies such as swordtails and guppies. All follow the same breeding rule. :)

I knew about guppies. :) I was also a contemplating a Snakeskin guppy.

Hmmm. I think I'd just plant the tank nicely and leave it to the survival of the fittest! Sorry if that sounds cruel to some!

The angels will eat the tetras and the shrimp an if you have 3 angels an you get a pair they will kill the 3 one

The angels will eat the tetras and the shrimp an if you have 3 angels an you get a pair they will kill the 3 one

Thank you for your time, but I don't think you have read the whole post.

I plan to remove an angel if pairing begins.

Back
Top Bottom