sex my borleyi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jmedic25

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm going with male. Any arguements? His color in the tank is drab and his getting big...I'm worried, i expected more then just a little red. He is about 4 inches now

ForumRunner_20130930_082230.jpg

My borleyi female is a rusted red w orange fins. I know shes a female because my male dragon blood tries to spawn w her. She changes her color w her mood she sometimes even has a shimmer of silver on her belly.

I'm going with male. Any arguements? His color in the tank is drab and his getting big...I'm worried, i expected more then just a little red. He is about 4 inches now
Either you have 8" fingers or that fish is the smallest 4" I've ever seen, as a general rule each section of your finger is one inch making that fish 2.5 at best.

Ill post a video of my tank. Tuck, thank you very much for adding exactly nothing useful to the thread.

Ill post a video of my tank. Tuck, thank you very much for adding exactly nothing useful to the thread.

Your welcome! :)
My point was it's still a very small fish it won't colour up until it grows....

If its just that one borleyi I saw in the vid then it is male.. I very much doubt that females get the blue face.

My guess us that it hasn't fully matured.. It should lose its orange colored fins and get a more dark blueish tint with some white in the dorsal fin.

Attachments

• image-1374332491.jpg
    image-1374332491.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 90
If its just that one borleyi I saw in the vid then it is male.. I very much doubt that females get the blue face.

My guess us that it hasn't fully matured.. It should lose its orange colored fins and get a more dark blueish tint with some white in the dorsal fin.

My Borleyi doesn't have a blue face. That's why I am worried lol!

Use a flashlight and shine the light on its face.. If you see some blue shimmer then it could be that ur borleyi is a wimp

Use a flashlight and shine the light on its face.. If you see some blue shimmer then it could be that ur borleyi is a wimp

I am sure he is not getting bullied. He/She is never hiding or the chasee. Always acting dominant. I was hoping someone could tell from the vent picture.

Back
Top Bottom