sex this gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

linds3y

Aquarium Advice Freak
Male or female?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120810_155145.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120810_155145.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 109
I think it looks like a female too.. I don't know how old it is though so I guess it could be a young male..s/he is slightly smaller than my dwarf gourami right now

Maybe I actually do have a boy! Now that he's settled in there's a little orange coming out and he's started chasing my male dwarf gourami. Uh oh :S

Oh okay. I'll hope they'll be fine lol. Because they are both Gouramis they might fight, but I hope not.

I've been watching em and after the initial chasing I haven't seen them bother each other...keeping my fingers crossed lol, I really like both of them.

Is it normal for gouramis, even if in a tank with adequate aeration to go gulp air at the top alot? My dwarf doesn't do it as much and I just want to make sure its nothing to worry about

Hey there, normally if a fish is gulping at the top of the tank it means low oxygen levels in the water... But gouramis can either use their gills to breathe water, or they can also breathe air by gulping air above the surface of the water.
So don't worry it's completely normal, mine do it all the time!

Okay lol I know I have plenty of oxygen flowing through the water so maybe he just likes breathing at the top and he's weird lol. As long as he's okay.

Back
Top Bottom