Shane's Fishroom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In the process of getting some... I have reference people at the moment.[emoji6]

People have helped me way more then books.
Not sure if the cichlid atlas has a way I can ID fish or if the sp. would even be listed...
I wish their was a way to share the books.....

People have helped me way more then books.
Not sure if the cichlid atlas has a way I can ID fish or if the sp. would even be listed...
I wish their was a way to share the books.....

They are pricey and rare, often times sharing is not an option for the safety of the book. I am getting a bunch of free books from someone up in Washington... she has a bunch on killies and othe Cameroonian fish. I send emails or messages routinely to people simply to ID fish, but agassizii is one of those “100s of forms” types of fish so it can be very very hard.

Whats cracking people?

I am busy as (insert expletive here) doing my college applications, school assignments, tests, etc!!

At the same time, I am shuffling stuff around the room.. its taking lots of my time.

So I have not had the time to talk as much as I like. Hows it going? Whats happening in your rooms? Anything cool going on?

Shane

I am in a phase where I am deciding where I want to go with my hobby... Apistos are real nice but there are too many to keep track of and I don’t get to enjoy them as mush as I would like... I want to have some display tanks for them!

Pikes are doing great, eating lots and lots of food. Fry are growing really fast too!

It seems old to some but enjoy the results of working my GBR for the last 5+ years.
They just keep getting better. Raising fry and juvies is always fun !
It is hard to pick a fish ,I know I did not pick rams but they picked me..
You will know when you find the right fish or sp.

It seems old to some but enjoy the results of working my GBR for the last 5+ years.
They just keep getting better. Raising fry and juvies is always fun !
It is hard to pick a fish ,I know I did not pick rams but they picked me..
You will know when you find the right fish or sp.

I am excited for that moment. It is exciting to stick to one thing and see lots of progression over time, like you have been doing!

Almost at winter break...

Finished two essays, finalized a business plan, completed two art projects... studied for a math test, studied for a physics test. I think I am in the clear to be more active now!

Heading to a basketball game tonight. Excited to see some friends play.

Shane

I really miss game day. Of course I also miss being able to run fast and jump high. :)

As people know I love #Apistogramma, I get many questions asking me about the proper care of some of the more commonly available species. Arguably one of the most common species is Apistogramma cacatuoides, a dwarf cichlid found throughout Peru, Colombia and Brazil. Here is a short preliminary article that I wrote about the species! Let me know if this helps you or if you have any critiques regarding format etc.

I hope to write more articles on more Apistogramma soon, but I wanted to have a base to refer back to in terms of formatting. Does it look good? Let me know!

Apistogramma cacatuoides - Cockatoo Dwarf Cichlid | Dwarf Cichlids

Went to the club meeting, sold out of Apistos. Took 20 pairs of Apistogramma borelli "Bella Union", it was a good experience.

I am hoping to talk at a future meeting... regarding Apistos of course.

I stole around 10 apistogramma sp. D50 free swimmers... going to grow them out and see what comes of it. Female has many more, but I was not fast to collect them.

Glad you enjoyed the meeting..
Glad they had the sense to buy those fish ! Congrats...
I think my bitaeniata is about to lay eggs..I will leave them her this time...

Back
Top Bottom