Share your Crazy fish behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

875mill

Aquarium Advice Activist
Was just relaxing enjoying my tank as usual when I see on of my glass cats dart out from the sword plant they enjoy hiding in. He then does 5-6 backwards loop-d-loops. literally looks like he is in the throws of death. Then crashlands on the bottom on his side and stays there till lights outs.
At this point I get that normal sinking, sad feeling knowing with out a doubt the lil fella is dead or will be soon. Lo and behold the next day when I get home from work he is fine and is swimming around with the rest of his buddies. I had to count them all 3 times to make sure I wasnt seeing things. I could have killed the little turd lol.

Loaches are HORRIBLE for that kind of thing. They'll lay deathly still, on their side no less, for long periods of time. I thought for sure mine was a goner the first time, went to net him and had to actually hit him with it before he moved. :roll:

Glad to hear it was a false alarm!

---------------------------------------
}}='=:> LB <:='={{
CanadiansInternet.com
CanadianAquariumConnection.com

How about a crazy fish photo:

DSC00718.JPG

This poor rummy nose got alittle to close to my carnivores M. Lace plant. :lol:

Great picture!

My yoyo loach used to do loop-de-loops at the front of the tank and now he and his 2 polkadot loach friends swim circles around whatever happens to be in the right corner of the tank; at the moment that is rangeri sword, but before that it was driftwood. So around and around they go...for HOURS.

img_797038_0_eea2500df1a877c186208eba6ea91cef.jpg

All together now!
img_797038_1_ae9f13146b81fdd4b3e3fa3a31ae54cc.jpg

2 stories here, I dont know that they can compete too well with some of these, but thought I'd share.

We had just brought our betta home, and put him in his 2 gallon aquarium, had his light on and we were watching T.V. We get ready to go to bed, turn the T.V. off and go to turn his light off, and the thing flares up like he wants to fight. We turn the T.V. back on and he goes back to normal, swimming around. T.V. goes off again, and he flares back up. We turned his light off, left the T.V. off and went to sleep.

The other story:

We have mickey mouse platys, one of them died, and we determined that he had a worm, so we were watching the other fish for worms, hoping there werent any other fish with them. My fiance later calls me at work and tells me we lost another one, said its on the bottom of the tank laying there. I'm mad, knowing we lost another one, get home after work ready to get the fish, and had to count 9 times to make sure I wasnt miss counting. She gets mad, cuz now the platys are making her look bad, cuz she even picked up the fish, but couldnt bring herself to dispose of the fish. needless to say, all the platys are still alive and swimming to this day.

I have a four inch clown (truly well named) loach that stands on his tail, leans against a rock and appears to be looking out of the tank at the human goings on. . I am expecting him to light a smoke any day now! it is sort of a cross between Charlie Chaplin and Winston Churchill.
Vic

vic said:
I have a four inch clown (truly well named) loach that stands on his tail, leans against a rock and appears to be looking out of the tank at the human goings on. . I am expecting him to light a smoke any day now!
LOL!!

well I have 2 loaches in one of my tanks and they get along really good always together in search for food, always active. In the 3 years i've had them I have never seen them "fight". The other day was the first time they "battled" it looked very intense lol. it almost looked like they were attached to each other and pushing each other in circular motion and into the gravel. The battle continued for at least 10-15 minutes. I have never seen them do this. I put some food in the tank and it only got them interested for a few seconds and then they went back to battling it out. I think it subsided when they went inside the plastic cave and settled it lol...crazy fish!

theotheragentm said:
Crazy Gourami

Unfortunately, this was after a jump and fall out of the tank and he died shortly after. I suppose it's not normal crazy behaviour.
:oops: OK so I feel bad now for saying in your other thread that the "crazy gourami" video was hilarious. RIP little guy.

LandGhoti said:
theotheragentm said:
Crazy Gourami

Unfortunately, this was after a jump and fall out of the tank and he died shortly after. I suppose it's not normal crazy behaviour.
:oops: OK so I feel bad now for saying in your other thread that the "crazy gourami" video was hilarious. RIP little guy.

It was still funny to watch. I think it was his way of going in style.

LOL with the rummynose! Did he get out?

My betta loves to wrap around the filter intake and have all his fins be sucked. the first time I thought he was stuck there, but he does it on purpose every night. It is probably like a fish massage.

Back
Top Bottom