sharing my aquarium upgrade and rescape!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

laoski

Aquarium Advice Regular
a month a go i posted a thread about my fishless aquarium cycle which seemed to be soapy and sudsy but it was just the new water conditioner i bought. after cycling for almost 3 weeks the water parameters turned out pretty nicely and i trasferred the fishes - i had no problem with the bigger fishes but the smaller tetras and the pleco gave me a nightmare - that background design that costed alot of money had too many flaws - there were holes and spaces which the small fishes could swim through and if they swam on the otherside of the background deisgn (that takes alot of space in the back) they couldnt get out - so i had to scoop them every 30 minutes or so and the pleco got stuck underneath it. i gave up and tore the aquarium apart with fishes on it lol and redesigned it again. had a hard time coz there were fishes inside it and too much stress for them - luckily after a week - they seem more happy about it.

from this:

scaled.php

to this!

scaled.php

still not finished through - this is only the left side of the aquarium - the right side is still bare and i have to think of someway to cover that imbalanced cheap aquarium background. im not gonna have a planted tank - too expensive - so im just using java fern and anubias that needs no co2 injection and hardy.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom