Shermp Ternk!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dcj

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My little shrimp tank is up and running!

Some little scraggly vals, a golden anubias nana in some driftwood, dwarf hairgrass and some Java moss

Oh, and 10 golden back yellow sakura shrimp

Attachments

• shermptank.jpg
    shermptank.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 72
  • shrimp2.jpg
    shrimp2.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 73
  • shrimp1.jpg
    shrimp1.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 73
Nice! I recently acquired a small group of neon yellows. One is already heavily berried, so that's a good sign. Today I fed them some zucchini.
They are VERY active.

Reactions: dcj
That's really dark, you should improve the lighting. Get some plants growing in there.

TMaier - so, this is late! Sorry! Thank you kindly :) They're so cute going about their business. I've just seen two of them berried so I'm hoping I'll have some teeny tinys on the way soon :)

Fresh2o - I love them; I was initially going to get the reds as usual but I went for the golden backs instead. Two of mine have just berried so I think I'm a bit behind you, lol, but I'm excited and hoping they'll come through okay. I've never bred shrimp before. How much zucchini did you give them? So cute!

ErykYT3 - It might be the mirrored background reflecting the dark of my room in front of it. I've got a little stick on LED strip light in there and the tank is currently really green because I've got an algae outbreak on the mirrored back - I'm not too fussed though, it looks peaceful in there and the water is clear. My vals haven't done too well but the anubias is flourishing and my crypts are looking really healthy, so I'm pleased about that. I don't have much luck with vals for some reason - and I expected the crypts to be the hard ones lol

Thank you flchamp89, I really respect your opinions so that was lovely to hear :)

Back
Top Bottom