Should I add another Powerhead?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nf37

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 110g reef setup with 2 Koralia Evo 750's positioned in the top back corners of my tank. One is pointed slightly toward the surface and one pointed slightly to the sandbed with both pointed slightly toward the center as well.

I know I have a few deadspots behind my liverock, and was wondering if I should add another powerhead? If so, where should I position it?

I'm planning on getting either another 750 or just a 425 and have that pointed specifically behind my LR.

Suggestions and advice is greatly appreciated!

If u have sand and u point the pump behind the rocks u are probably going to make a mess because u are gonna start moving all the sand. Try repositioning ur power heads first. If not put another one in. Cant really tell you where to put it u just have to try it in different spots in the tank until u find the spot where it should go.

I've got 4 K3's (840 gph each) in a 90g. More can't hurt. I don't sweat direct flow behind my rockwork, that's what my critters are for.

This may be a silly question, but how do you know when you have dead spots? How can you tell?

Back
Top Bottom