should I add anything else?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TaiN

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am just looking for some stocking advice. I have 3 cycled tanks currently (mts.. how did that happen?) and I am very happy with just 2 of them.

first tank is a 29 gallon with a AQ 50 and a biowheel 100.
this tank has
5-male guppies
5-female cherry barbs
1-neon tetra
4-albino Cory's
2-adf
1-bn pleco
3-ghost shrimp

I did not want a guppy explosion so we went with all males. Don't know how the cherry barbs turned out all females. Over all this tank it by far the most enjoyable to watch.

tank 2 is a 30 gallon with a biowheel 200 and a whisper 10i.
this tank has
5-zebra danio's
5-black neon tetra's
4-black kulhi loaches
1-clown pleco
3-ghost shrimp

This tank is my problem tank I feel. The zebra's spend their time chasing each other and the black neon's. When the black neon's are not being chased they are just kind of space fish. Meaning they rarely group together for anything and they just kinda pick a spot and hang there all day. The loaches are so much fun. Of course I hardly ever see my clown pleco. I keep wanting to add a sword tail or something to this tank but I wanted to see what others thought. Yea I know I need a Algae worker in here to. It's on my list to get in the near future.

Tank 3 is a 10 gallon Betta tank with a AQ 20. This little guy proved he wanted to be all by himself. We tried giving him friends (the adf's) but he really wanted to eat those guys.

Any thoughts at all would be appreciated.

Well, in tank one, I'd suggest you add about 4 more neon tetras. In tank two, adding a dwarf gourami, or other centerpiece fish should encourage the tetras to stop fighting and the neons to start schooling. Heck, you could even add your betta from tank 3! (I know he doesn't like friends now, but it's worth a shot! The worst he can do is get put back into the ten gallon.)

I guess I did forget to mention I had 6 neon tetras when I first got them. Of course someone brought ick home with them when I was buying stock. They died one by one over the course of a few weeks. My children really get sad when a fish dies at our house. That's kinda why I haven't restocked those little guys.

TaiN said:
I guess I did forget to mention I had 6 neon tetras when I first got them. Of course someone brought ick home with them when I was buying stock. They died one by one over the course of a few weeks. My children really get sad when a fish dies at our house. That's kinda why I haven't restocked those little guys.

Ah, then ditch the neons... There's too much bad stock out there right now. Maybe some cardinal tetras instead?

Back
Top Bottom