Should I be worried about my bacterial colony after medication

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr. Aquaforce

Aquarium Advice Freak
As I have kept seeing everywhere that medicating your fish can ruin your bacterial colony, im concerned that it would happen to me, if it does how would I know? Also I have a bottle of seachem pristine? Is that something I should use after medication?

Also not too sure what this is here, on Kraken... excess slime?

1486279843951.jpg

Attachments

• 1486279843951.jpg
    1486279843951.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 74
Can't say what your BNP has [most know what I think almost everything is!].
Certain meds will kill bacteria and others won't.
IMO what ever you use for him if it works should be strong enough to mess up your cycle.

I wouldn't sweat it till I tested.
Treat your fish however and test water for ammonia every day or two.
Things like rid ich are safe most o the time ,but antibiotics are made to control bacteria, so will if dosed strong enough IMO kill some bacteria?
Enough to effect the cycle really depends on stocking and tanks size.
A good sized tank light to medium stocked could probably take the hit, as smaller heavier socked tank will demand more effort to get through IMO.
Be prepared to change water and cross that bridge when you get there..

Gotcha, I'm currently medicating them with furan-2, also is it safe to add the other water/plant supplements as I'm undergoing the 5 day dosage period?? And ill be adding the pristine on the last day after doing the last 25% water change.

Lincoln born and raised. I lived with my wife in bellevue for the last 6 years, recently moved back home.

Back
Top Bottom