should I buy a canister filter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Parrisgg

Aquarium Advice Regular
Right now I'm running an aquaclear HOB filter that is up to 50g on my 40b tank. I see some people with canister filters but I am wondering if I should get a canister filter myself? I really like the filtration system in the aquaclear filter and I was wonder if canister filters are nearly the same idea.

canister filters are the best freshwater of the shelf filters on the market. i wont go through all there features as im sure you know them but if you arnt having an issue with your current filter system i woulnt spend the money, but when it comes time to upgrade then yeah they are just better but better still are sumps ( or variations there of eg wet/dry)

Canisters are some of the most efficient filters out there. Some are also incredibly quiet. The only downside is that they are so expensive.

I love my canisters and feel they are the best filtration work horses out there. They are pricey and as stated if your filter is doing it's job well save your money for something else.

Agreed, Canisters are great filters, although I recently switched to an AC-70, I'd still recommend fluval canisters. However, aqua-clears are great HOB's and I'm looking to upgrade my marineland 20gal HOB to an AC-50 (which is what I assume you have.)

Im going to upgrade my penguin 350 to a fluval 406 here pretty soon , look on amazon they have awesome prices on fluval canisters

Back
Top Bottom