should I cycle my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meagan.Marie

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just ordered two 2.5 mini bow aquariums by aqueon and I am not sure if I should cycle it or not. I don't mind doing full water changes because I do them on the two bowls I have my two bettas in now. I am religious about water changes... About every three days, My bettas seem to be doing well...
I just don't know if cycling applies to such a small tank. it seems kind of pointless if you ask me because I would be changing the water rather frequently anyways.

If you just do partial changes, then you can leave the fish in the tank which is easier on you and the fish. Just take part of the water out. Add your water conditioner, match your tap temp to your tank temp and refill your tank.

Do you know what a cycle is? Because you can speed them up if you want. All you need is some filter media or some substrate from another tank and out that in there this will speed it up by putting the good bacteria that eats the ammonia.

Back
Top Bottom