Should I merge?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ill do a 3 gallon change and then retest :) i might wait till tuesday also havent decided yet

It can't hurt to wait. Test two more times Once when you do a PWC and again on Tuesday see what it says and go from there.

Im getting the saltwater prepared right now! I might take theo two chromis back to the lfs later on once my tank is mature for some trade ins :) i want a few angels :) and a few clowns lotsa shrimp coral and inverts :)

Got my trates inbetween 10 and 20 with a 2 gallon water change, i will be waiting till i can pick up some more water to transfer everything over, as i only have one gallon left, should i do another water change prior to tansferring?

I would try to get them down to zero in the new tank before transferring any livestock... but that's just me. You may be able to get away with it but idk

Ill wait till i get more water :) its gonna be a while as im on a budget! Ill do another water change about 5 gallons on tueaday then test, if its under 10 ill do the deed !

I'm in the same boat. I was buying 5gallon boxes from petco but it was 11.99 plus tax for each box. When I first set up my tank I didn't wanna spend that money so luckily my friend let me use his rodi machine. I have a. 55 gallon. I ended up buying my own off eBay for like 75$ shipped but it was used. The Tds reader was showing over 100ppm. I just realized this last week and been dojng top offs and water changes since November :( I changed all the filters except the ro membrane still read 100 it went down like 40 ppm. I hope this solves my issue. Basically where I'm getting at is the most affordable is to but a brand new rodi unit. Brs has em for like $130. It's a lot up front but totally worth it in the end.

My trates are 10 ppm, and im going to be adding my first few critters tonight, my peppermint shrimp, and 1 mexican turbo and 1 astrea turbo :) if my frags dont open by tomorrow ill be moving them as well

Heres a pic of the tank, and the diatoms! Sorry for the lines in the pic its off my iphone and my light is so strong it soaks into my lens !!

Attachments

• image-1250574566.jpg
    image-1250574566.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 59
  • image-3081817121.jpg
    image-3081817121.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 70
  • image-2293092329.jpg
    image-2293092329.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 93
Will do :) i dont have any bags... Can i use ziplocs?

Sure I don't see why not. I went to the dollar store and bought a small/medium size Tupperware which I use for fish /corals etc. that's a money saver right there lol

Awesome idea!! Im going out to buy about 8 gallons of distilled water and some plumbing accessories.... For.... Yeah here it is... My return pump came in just now!! Its a smaller outlet diameter then expected so im gonna mock something up and start running my sump tonight, fingers crossed my pvc overflow works... As i literally have no capable way of testing it:s unless i soak my floor in the process :s

I got my return pump in the mail a couple days ago just waiting for my overflow box and filter sock and the part the sock sits on to come. I think my return is 3/4" 700gph

3/4 pvc is is my intake and my return is half inch i want lower flow round 300gph without head loss which is 3 1/2 ft in order to accomadate my refugium :)

Can i set up my sump without having any rock or anything in it yet though? Im low on funds so itll be a few weeks before i can purchase liverock and some life for the fuge, just want to get rid of my hob soo bad they really are trate harbours

I'm not sure hopefully some else chimes in. I'm waiting for my items and hopefully get mine started too

Can i set up my sump without having any rock or anything in it yet though? Im low on funds so itll be a few weeks before i can purchase liverock and some life for the fuge, just want to get rid of my hob soo bad they really are trate harbours

Shouldn't be a problem as long as you're getting your live rock local. If it comes in the mail, expect die off and a mini cycle.

Yes all my lr is local. Only a 15 trip so no die off i make sure he includes tank water with rock

Back
Top Bottom