Should i or shouldnt i?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emerald76

Aquarium Advice Addict
Should I put my heavily gravid guppy in a breeders net while I go away for a few hours? She is displaying classic signs of labor and is huge for a 1 inch long guppy
Hanging near the bottom, swimming slowly, starting to square
Bought her pregnant from my LFS who keep m&f together by strain

image-2550591659.jpg
When I get back I'll take her out
But I have several fish that eat anything and not Many hidey holes
Only plants that aren't very thick
This last photo is edited for your convenience to show details and colors more strongly

image-3264843703.jpg

She should be fine in there overnight. It helps to put some fake (or real) plants or something in the breeder box so the fry can hide if they do pop out because the mom will eat them.

absolutangel04 said:
She should be fine in there overnight. It helps to put some fake (or real) plants or something in the breeder box so the fry can hide if they do pop out because the mom will eat them.

Yup I've gone thru the eat your babies thing and I do have a fake plant and the lower divider in it
She's pretty small anyway not like my three inch gals

Sounds fine to me then. I haven't had good luck with the breeder nets. Most of my females refuse to drop fry in them. I just put my fry in there later. God luck. :)

absolutangel04 said:
Sounds fine to me then. I haven't had good luck with the breeder nets. Most of my females refuse to drop fry in them. I just put my fry in there later. God luck. :)

I actually have more fry and females dropping in nets if the girls are in for only half a day or so
Anyway I need this drop for LFS credit towards my 90 project

I let her back out and bunched the plants
She flipped out
I was so worried about finding he dead

Lost the drop again whe I was on vacation fir two days! Came home and she was slimmed out with no fry in sight

Back
Top Bottom