Should I rescue this fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

venymae

Aquarium Advice Addict
large albino oscar free

I am considering going to get this fish and bringing him to my LFS. (they do fish rescue/adoptions). If anyone else is in the eastern kS area looking for an oscar. Here one is!

Well, so far he has not replied to the email I sent him. But here's to hoping.

Have you confirmed your LFS will take him? If he ends up in one of your tanks that's not going to end well...

Yes, I did call them. They said they would resell him and maybe give me store credit on top of it. :D

Ugh I hate when people do that

I'm not quite sure why you are upset that they put him in a 10 gal tank to save it's life? :confused:It WAS still alive at least. The alternative, it seems, was that or have him die in a leaking tank. Maybe they called their local shops and was told they wouldn't take the fish? You don't know the whole story. At least they are making the effort to correct the situation and not looking to profit from it either. They could have just thrown it into the vegetable patch for fertilizer.

It would be different if they deliberately tried to raise it in that 10 gal tank but that's not the situation. Just saying, you should be careful about making inflammatory comments. In this case, it's really out of place (IMO):nono:

No Andy I'm mad that the guy wasn't emailing her back.

I see. It might be better if you were a little more specific in your comment. See how off course it got? It could have gone 2 ways and I took it the wrong way. Just imagine if someone with an agenda saw it and took it the way I did? The hobby has enough problems without this too :brows:
Thanks for clarifying :flowers:

FYI-CL replies don't go directly to the poster. It can be a couple days before they get it. Considering this post is 26 days old, the fish is probably (and hopefully) gone by now (y)

Sorry Andy! I thought it would have made since I said it right after she said they didnt reply

Back
Top Bottom