Show fish for a 10 gallon tank. Suggestions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know what she needs, but it physically can't happen. I was fooled when I bought her and now I adjusted the best I could. I really wish I could haul a 10g back and forth to college. Not possible though. I make the best home for her with what I have

So the five gal tank with the puffer in it and the 10 gal tank are in two different places I guess you are saying. You could put the puffer in a bag and take it to the 10 gal.. Frankly even a 10 gal isn't proper for a puffer. I'm sorry but I just don't think it's right to continue to keep it if you can't give it a proper home. JMO.

I don't have a 10 gal anywhere, I'd just love to keep one. And I can't in my right mind give her back to walmart. Any suggestions?

The way they were keeping her in the first place is really what prompted me to get her. I nursed her through worms, malnutrition and fin bites everywhere.

they have 10 gallon tanks at walmart for 12.87 and if you cant find that there's craigslist. you could use everything from your old tank except meybe the filter and heater but in my tank i could buy 55 gallon tank and transfer my filter and i have a 29 gallon tank haha overfiltering

Yeah, money isn't really the problem.. I live in the dorms, and my parents hate the 5g, and I doubt they'd like a 10g or even allow it. I have to transport the 5g to and from school. A 10 gallon just can't work :(

well i think when you get out of college or get an apartment you should get a 10 or 20 i think in the 20 you MIGHT could have a molly or two

I don't particularly like mollies. But in 3 years when I'm out of college ill get a bigger aquarium. I'd love to someday have an inset wall that is an aquarium lol.

I'm not cruel to my fish, I love her. I just think shed rather be bored than in the U.S. Sewer system.

Yup :) I keep her fat, and really green. So she can't complain. Shes also just a jouvie. And seeing as shell grow up in 5 gallons, she may just grow to fit her space. Like gold fish

see when ppl say that they dont know what it means yea it wont grow but it will be stunted and its organs will continue to grow causing a painful stunted life

Well that's quite sad, and I hope that doesn't happen... There's just nothing more I can do

Well that's quite sad, and I hope that doesn't happen... There's just nothing more I can do

I think in your situation, like you said for time being shes better off with you, thank the other options (back to walmart or water system)

GL to you!

:( yeah. Walmart should be banned from selling fish.

:( yeah. Walmart should be banned from selling fish.

our walmart no longer sells fish. but sadly our other LFS arent much better, the one is infested with camallanus worms, and the other just seems really dirty...

Yuck. Well if anybody lives in western NY or northern PA and wants a beautiful and healthy puffer fish, let me know.

Back
Top Bottom