Show off your Betta(s)!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very nice! I was bidding non-stop on Aquabid on Butterfly males similar to yours, but I kept losing the last minute bid war.

I finally got lucky and found this guy on my local PetCo. Here is a before/after picture.

Attachments

• image-265876773.jpg
    image-265876773.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 122
Very nice! I was bidding non-stop on Aquabid on Butterfly males similar to yours, but I kept losing the last minute bid war.

I finally got lucky and found this guy on my local PetCo. Here is a before/after picture.

Your Betta is absolutely stunning! (y)

Thank you all. I look forward to share with you all his new tank once I have it all cycled and scaped.

haha no he doesn't but I have thought of getting a female and naming her gras!!! the reason he is named that is because I got him on Mardi Gras!!

Here's my blue half moon betta. He's in quarentine hence the bare tank.

Attachments

• image-1275382928.jpg
    image-1275382928.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 111
My breeding program in photos. This is Bogart and Guinevere: It has been textbook so far.

First pic: them together...yes this is one of the tanks I got from the LFS
second pic: He got her up in the corner she went head down after the pic.
third pic: Her..head down as Bogart flitted around, showing off.
Fourth pic: Bogart working on the nest next to the floating bottle cap.

hmmm looks like blood gouramis are $6.99........

Attachments

• PTDC0470.jpg
    PTDC0470.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 112
  • PTDC0479.jpg
    PTDC0479.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 118
  • PTDC0474.jpg
    PTDC0474.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 101
  • PTDC0472.jpg
    PTDC0472.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 104
My breeding program in photos. This is Bogart and Guinevere: It has been textbook so far.

First pic: them together...yes this is one of the tanks I got from the LFS
second pic: He got her up in the corner she went head down after the pic.
third pic: Her..head down as Bogart flitted around, showing off.
Fourth pic: Bogart working on the nest next to the floating bottle cap.

Nice! I hope to get a breeding setup ready pretty soon. I will have my car back by Monday or Tuesday (it was ready today, but the shop closed early because of the holiday weekend and I wasn't off work in time to go get it... Made me a bit angry) so I can go pick up a couple bare 10 gallons from Walmart then. Need to get some cinder blocks and wood for a cheap stand, too. But I have all the filters and a good air pump, gang valves, and heaters ready to go into setups. My biggest obstacle right now, other than my car being in the shop, is getting the room cleaned out to set all this up... I'm turning the more spacious spare bedroom/junk room into a betta room!

Nice! I hope to get a breeding setup ready pretty soon. I will have my car back by Monday or Tuesday (it was ready today, but the shop closed early because of the holiday weekend and I wasn't off work in time to go get it... Made me a bit angry) so I can go pick up a couple bare 10 gallons from Walmart then. Need to get some cinder blocks and wood for a cheap stand, too. But I have all the filters and a good air pump, gang valves, and heaters ready to go into setups. My biggest obstacle right now, other than my car being in the shop, is getting the room cleaned out to set all this up... I'm turning the more spacious spare bedroom/junk room into a betta room!

To bad you are not around here My LFG has like 20 bare tanks of various sizes from 10 on up to 90 gal and cheap that 15 gal. the bettas are in was 15$
Well now let the learning begin... actually relearning as I breed VTs once back in the mid 70s. And if all goes well, the fancy HMs will be next.

I am loving all the new betta pics going up here! You guys are ACES in my book for rescuing all these wonderful fish! It is awesome to see how these little guys and gals just EXPLODE in color and growth when the get out of those cruel cups and into their wonderful new homes you all provide!

To bad you are not around here My LFG has like 20 bare tanks of various sizes from 10 on up to 90 gal and cheap that 15 gal. the bettas are in was 15$
Well now let the learning begin... actually relearning as I breed VTs once back in the mid 70s. And if all goes well, the fancy HMs will be next.

I am loving all the new betta pics going up here! You guys are ACES in my book for rescuing all these wonderful fish! It is awesome to see how these little guys and gals just EXPLODE in color and growth when the get out of those cruel cups and into their wonderful new homes you all provide!

I wish... My LFS has some used tanks for sale but most are complete setups and I haven't seen any 10s lately. Although bare 10s at my Walmart are $12 so that's not too bad. And yes, I love seeing how far a little love and care goes towards making Bettas simply gorgeous, even if they don't look like much in a cup. My two current boys are from Walmart, and neither looked too great to begin with but they are both gorgeous now. Although I'm fighting some fin rot in Lucky still, he has had the little pinprick holes in his fins since I got him, but he is lively as ever. I'm giving him lots of nice clean water but even though the edges of his fins are getting much better the holes are still there. My crowntail who didn't look all that special in his cup is now looking like a king even though his current home is a vase. I'm thinking about breeding him, simply because he is a master bubble nester and seems to have really good instincts. His finnage is great, too. Huge fins for a crowntail. He needs a name, though.

image-4215362094.jpg

That's a fairly old picture and it simply doesn't do him justice. His fins are like twice that size now.

I wish... My LFS has some used tanks for sale but most are complete setups and I haven't seen any 10s lately. Although bare 10s at my Walmart are $12 so that's not too bad. And yes, I love seeing how far a little love and care goes towards making Bettas simply gorgeous, even if they don't look like much in a cup. My two current boys are from Walmart, and neither looked too great to begin with but they are both gorgeous now. Although I'm fighting some fin rot in Lucky still, he has had the little pinprick holes in his fins since I got him, but he is lively as ever. I'm giving him lots of nice clean water but even though the edges of his fins are getting much better the holes are still there. My crowntail who didn't look all that special in his cup is now looking like a king even though his current home is a vase. I'm thinking about breeding him, simply because he is a master bubble nester and seems to have really good instincts. His finnage is great, too. Huge fins for a crowntail. He needs a name, though.

View attachment 163471

That's a fairly old picture and it simply doesn't do him justice. His fins are like twice that size now.

He looks like my Thor who was a Wal-mart rescue to and has really grown into a real beauty as well. And has a cool personality, but a finicky eater.... Get your fin rot boy on a good protein diet and he should come out of it and clean water changes. 2 of my boys LOVE their blood worms! And aggressively eat them from my fingers! (Bogart and Gottfried) Thor and Loki dont care for bloodworms and Thor hates flakes...so they get pellets...Doggone finicky fish!!! LOL
Hmmm a name huh he Looks like an Odin! King of his tank!

Back
Top Bottom