Show off your snails!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They are definitely alive, I'm so excited!!! :flowers:

img_3195965_0_6c197b83dd9c6726479dc7c002f3c2c6.jpg

Especially love the Purple too, just "wow" on the color. I have had the Jade colored ones which came out of a breeding with a golden and a blue, some were like parents and some looked just different, didn't realize they had a "name". :D Now I HAVE to get some of those soon, where did you find yours?

Ooooo I love that purple one! I have one of similar color to the other.

Especially love the Purple too, just "wow" on the color. I have had the Jade colored ones which came out of a breeding with a golden and a blue, some were like parents and some looked just different, didn't realize they had a "name". :D Now I HAVE to get some of those soon, where did you find yours?

Thank you both! Kevin's mom (my 18 year old daughter :rolleyes: ) has always loved purple, so I figured if I was getting Kevin a 'friend' it should be purple! Should be interesting to see what names these two end up with... Plus the tank is a mixed natural color substrate, thought the dark would show up nicely.

I got them from this seller on eBay orangecraykeepers on eBay. I ordered the purple then a few days later decided to get another, no issues setting up a special listing so I wouldn't have to pay more/extra for shipping.

Do these guys like any type of veg treat?

Heres my gold mystery snail in my 10G planted (pardon the image orientation, my phone decided to post it sideways)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1428004825274.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1428004825274.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 65
Thank you! I was very picky at the store when I picked him out ?

Thanks guys. He's probably a quarter circumference. My other yellow one is the huge one!

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS
He's a bit bigger than my AWOL then (that's his name haha), I've seen some though that were at least 2" in diameter; I never knew they grew that big

Wow! Really gorgeous snails everyone! Love the pictures! Thanks for sharing.

While we're on the topic here of snails, does anyone know if Nerites are good at eating diatoms? My 10g has a pretty bad problem with it and I'm looking to find something to munch on it

While we're on the topic here of snails, does anyone know if Nerites are good at eating diatoms? My 10g has a pretty bad problem with it and I'm looking to find something to munch on it

Just do some large water changes. It will clear up. My 75g when I first started it has a bad outbreak. Did a couple 75% changes and it was gone forever. They are common In newly set up tanks.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Just do some large water changes. It will clear up. My 75g when I first started it has a bad outbreak. Did a couple 75% changes and it was gone forever. They are common In newly set up tanks.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS
See the thing is that the diatoms are not so bad on the glass/hardscape as they are on the plants. And I was confused when they popped up because - as you said - they are common in new tanks, but this tank has been up for over a year now. Should I try physically removing the plants and cleaning them off? I will do some larger water changes though (I usually do 50% changes every week and a half or 25% if the water looks bad).

I had mystery snails when my outbreak happened. I think they liked it but they didn't even put a dent in it. There is something that will eat it I can't remember what it is though

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I had mystery snails when my outbreak happened. I think they liked it but they didn't even put a dent in it. There is something that will eat it I can't remember what it is though

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS
I heard Amano shrimp are algae destroyers, but would my guppies/platy give them trouble?

I heard Amano shrimp are algae destroyers, but would my guppies/platy give them trouble?

Amano are one of the larger species. I'd still give them plenty of hiding places though. you should probably create a thread before we go too far off topic.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Amano are one of the larger species. I'd still give them plenty of hiding places though. you should probably create a thread before we go too far off topic.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS
Right sorry, I apologize to the OP for getting so off topic.

Back on topic though, I agree, all of the snails I've seen on here are beautiful

Back
Top Bottom