Shrimp Tank Photo Sharing and Advise/Suggestions needed...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Otaku521

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone!
Just wanted to share and please give me some comments on my tank... thanks!
IMG_1720-M.jpg

IMG_1722-M.jpg

IMG_1724-M.jpg

IMG_1725-M.jpg

IMG_1727-M.jpg

IMG_1728-M.jpg

IMG_1731-M.jpg

IMG_1735-M.jpg

IMG_1736-M.jpg

IMG_1745-M.jpg

IMG_1749-M.jpg

IMG_1752-M.jpg

IMG_1756-M.jpg

IMG_1772-M.jpg

Tank: 24 x 12 x 14 V Brand
Filter:
1) Atman CF1200 + 1 J Brand Prefilter (with 2 trays of no name brand bio rings + Seachem Puragen on 3rd Tray)
2) Nisso Undergravel Filter
Air Pump: Aquaone 9500 (2 leads: 1 goto undergravel filter and 1 goto normal airstone)
CO2: 2L bottle + Intense Dropper (1 Bubble/Sec) + Intense Diffusor
Light: 3 x 20W(?) Cree LED DIY from webseller
PH: 5.1~5.2
TDS: 205
TEMP: 25C
Soil: ELOS Terra Soil (9L Normal + 3L Fine) + Bottom Base
Tank Started: Jan 10, 2013
Stock:
Red Cherry Shrimp (Infernal?)
Crystal Red Shrimp
Crystal Black Shrimp
Amano Shrimp
Red Nose Shrimp
Mosquito Tetra Fish
Protomyzon Pachychilus? (Dont know the common Name?)

Please give me some suggestions!

Great looking tank!! Hey how do you like and what do you think about your panda loaches? I just bought one off of eBay and have the chance to buy more but don't know if they're worth the price tag

Great looking tank!! Hey how do you like and what do you think about your panda loaches? I just bought one off of eBay and have the chance to buy more but don't know if they're worth the price tag

I love my 3 panda loaches! but if you have shrimp tank, they will come along and eat their food as well... (which they will sometimes use their tail and swipe shrimps to hand off the food)

they also eat dead snails too which IMHO is a nice thing!

I love my 3 panda loaches! but if you have shrimp tank, they will come along and eat their food as well... (which they will sometimes use their tail and swipe shrimps to hand off the food)

they also eat dead snails too which IMHO is a nice thing!

So great to hear! Are they as finicky as all my research says they are?

How do you like those red nosed shrimp?

They look really cool! Never heard of them before though

Well they are great algae eaters!! I got them cause I had a outbreak of hair/thead algae... Got 6 of them and clear my tank in 3 days!

I'm having a hair algea problem right now too (atleast I think that's what it is!)

Are they pretty pricey? I'm assuming they are pretty rare...
Do you know what the scientific name for them is? I'd like to look them up if I can...I cant get over how cool they look!

So great to hear! Are they as finicky as all my research says they are?

Finicky?? Don't know about that?
They are hardy lil thing

I raise my ph from 5.1 to 6.2 by adding a rock in the tank and coral chips in my filter
And they are still here... ( in a period of a week slowly)

I'm having a hair algea problem right now too (atleast I think that's what it is!)

Are they pretty pricey? I'm assuming they are pretty rare...
Do you know what the scientific name for them is? I'd like to look them up if I can...I cant get over how cool they look!

Hong Kong pricing is a lil different... They are roughly like less than us$3 a piece here

Scientific Name:
Caridina gracilirostris

See If u can find it where u are...

Note with all live animals... I acculturate them at least 2-3 hours before release them into the tank
(Yes maybe over kill)

Amazing tank.... I love it. Especially the the Panda Loaches. Very Pretty. Shrimp are great too... Amazing (y)

Back
Top Bottom