Shrimp won't breed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishninja

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys I have a year old 20 gallon high setup that I turned into a shrimp tank. I have moss and driftwood. I ordered 20 tawain fire reds and they are doing fine but I don't see any babies or any saddled shrimp why won't they breed.

Are any of them adults ? And are you sure you have both sexes of adults?

My crystal reds were in the tank for a while before I saw any breeding. Sometimes they just have to completely acclimate before they breed. What is your water change and feeding schedule?

+1 with the previous poster. It takes time for them to get comfortable. I have noticed shrimp slow down breeding when the weather cools off too.

My crystal reds were in the tank for a while before I saw any breeding. Sometimes they just have to completely acclimate before they breed. What is your water change and feeding schedule?

I do a 50% water change weekly and feed every other day

what is your ph? and do you have a kit for dkh? neocaridina heteropoda are considered beginner shrimp, and will breed very easy and frequently. they adapt to just about any water condition, but will breed much easier with a ph of 6.6-7 and dkh of 7-8

50% water change is what I do but I feed daily. That shouldn't matter though. Can you tell a difference in their spines? Are they all straight or do some have a slight curve to it.

Back
Top Bottom