Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

surfnturf

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've been thinking about getting some of the Sakura fire red cherry shrimp off of amazon. Anyone have any experience with them? Will my fish just eat them?

Here's what I have:
1 discus
1 dwarf gourami
2 killifish
1 german blue ram
1 pictus cat
5 corydoras
4 harlequin rasboras

Surfnturf
img_3107156_0_b6cb2fe2ef2d6daa64c17c623274362e.jpg

It did not end well for the shrimp.

Surfnturf
img_3119755_0_d852cf44d31437630f21c54efdb339b5.jpg

1 discus
1 dwarf gourami
1 german blue ram
2 golden wonder killifish
4 harlequin rasboras
5 corydoras
And a bunch of plants in a 20 long
Eheim 2213 and tom aquatics canister filters
Finnex planted plus

I thought there might be someone who had shrimp in their tank with fish. I know I have seen them together in tanks at a lfs and decided to try providing them with some cover to see how they fared. The advice just wasn't very convincing and at worst I don't mind giving my fish an expensive meal every now and then

Surfnturf

A lot of folks keep shrimp with fish and have no issues. It depends on the type of fish and in some cases, the fish itself (each fish can have different temperaments). Given your stock, the answer would be "No" as you have demonstrated. Perhaps I should have been more clear on that point. But even if you were not sure, you should have done more research on the matter. A simple Google search would have given you the same answer (e.g. - http://www.planetinverts.com/safe_tankmates_for_shrimp.html) but in much more detail.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom