Shut my overflows up!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

huma-huma

Aquarium Advice Addict
As the title says, my dual overflows on my 125 are a bit loud for my liking. I need a way to quiet them down a bit. Tank is an aqueon dual overflow 125. It has the plumbing kit that comes with the tank. If youre looking down into the overflows from above, there is a lil nozzle air vent on the top of the drain tubes. I have 3 separate ideas to quiet them down but not sure which is the most effective.
1.) cut acrylic sheets to fit over the top of the overflows, simply drill out a gent hole for the drain tube to stick through.
2.) attach 6-8 inches of airline tubing to the vent nozzle, run airlining back behind tank.
3.) drill out vent nozzle to widen it, theoretically cutting down on the vacuum noise.

Does it sound like sucking? Mine was doing that because the water was going down the drain pipe so I put a PVC cap on top of the PVC drain pipe so the water can only go into the holes in the sides of the PVC drain pipe solved the problem

Yes. Its my fault, i should have been a bit clearer, the majority of the noise is coming from the water flowing into the overflow xhambers. I can only raise the standard draintubes so far before they obstruct the glass lids. Im wondering if i take the drain tubeand drill holes into the sides, if i left the top open, would it be quieter?

Back
Top Bottom