Shy platy or sick platy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

faadi404

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi since i got my platy it seemed hapoy in my tank for 2-3 days but today whole day she is hiding in plants All other fish are out there in tank I don't know whats wrong with platy
1484160176010.jpg1484160200893.jpg.1484160122689.jpg1484160130670.jpg

Have you seen your angel act aggressively towards your platy? If so I could just be hiding from the angel. If you suspect disease/illness definitely look over your fish carefully for any discoloration patches of fuzz or infection. Maybe put it in a smaller container to observe it for a short time. From the pictures there isn't anything that immediately jumps out. Did you have cloudy water and cleared it up? How are the water parameters?

I saw one of my guppies fin vanishing i thought its fin rot so i started using paraguard and did 20% water change then next day i saw angel fish nipping guppies fin so i was bit relaxed that it aint fin rot bacteria.
I will try to separate platy andb observe it for few days. She is eating fine though. Its a 90G tank and there aint many fish i dont know why angel are aggressive towards them :(

Back
Top Bottom