Sick ADF?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iroze

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all,

reposting from another forum in hopes that someone will help me. I could not upload the photos, so I inserted spaces into the HTML command. You will see the photo if you remove the spaces.

This is Eddie.
I've had him for 5 months with his pal Freddie in a 5-gallon tank. I take good care of the water and the conditions the frogs live in; however, a week ago I went on my first vacation since i got them and my parents fed the frogs every other day while I was gone. When I came home (this past Wednesday night), the tank was very dirty and Eddie stopped eating.
I bought a gallon carrying container and isolated him with a thermometer (80 degrees), some hiding places and a plant. I did a pedialyte bath form him yesterday and he grabbed a few brine shrimp but spat most out. He still moves somewhat actively but he isn't eating. I don't see any visible fungus on him, which I actually saw on a frog in a pet store today while I was looking for medicine, so I know what that looks like.
Pet store folks tell me not to give any medication.
Please advise.
Thank you in advance!
Edited to add: the one thing I did before I left on vacation was put all the plants I had in the tank into those little net pots. The roots are wrapped in some sort of cottony mesh. That couldn't be hurting the frogs, could it? All pet store aquariums have them like that...

I took a closer look and a better photo and now I think I do see some fuzzy stuff on his back. Does that look like a fungus to anyone? if so, what should I do?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom