Sick Angel Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flyingyahoo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I had a breakout of ich in my tank about 4 days ago. Turned up the heat to 86 degrees.

Ich slowly getting better but taking a while.

No angel fish have a secondary infection. Mouth is turning white and slowly growing. Tail is turning white and starting to disentigrate.

Heavily planted aquarium.

What should i do now?

It sounds like a bacterial infection, but can you post pictures? If it's serious, and it sounds like it is, I would consider dosing with tetracycline because I believe it is safe for plants. Increase aeration and maintain the 86F temp.

I have used Maracyn Plus in a planted tank before. I had no trouble with plants or BB loss. Tested water for ammonia/nitrites while dosing. Plus you only dose day 1-3-5. You can do second dose but I didn't need it. Might be worth checking into.

You have a difficult situation here. Are you positive you have ich? If so, you may want to consider switching your course of treatment. The high temps will cause the bacteria to multiply faster. Ich will not kill overnight unless the fish have been infested for lengthy period of time but bacterial infections will. I would switch to a .3% salt treament & gram negative antibiotic if antibiotics are not restricted in the country in which you reside. Please ask if you need further help!

Back
Top Bottom