Sick angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

j0el1212

Aquarium Advice Freak
My koi angelfish looks weak looks like she struggling to swim staying in place. Someone please help what can I do??

First we need some more details.
Is the tank cycled?
What size tank?
Parameters?
Other fish - kind and quantity?
Are any other fish showing the same symptoms?
And anything else you think we might need to know.

what size is the tank and how long has it been set up?
What are your water parameters? Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate.

What size is the angel and how long has it been in the tank?

I did a water change and he seem to be fine it was the ammonia it was extremely high. I'm test it again in a hour to make sure the water change did it's job.

75 gallon all other fishes seem fine it's a fairly new cycle tank 1 week. Nickel size angel koi.

image-111173228.jpg

image-2752803207.jpg

While cycling my tank I seen this look like a little cotton ball have no clue what this is this is the second time I seen this anyone has a clue what it is??

Ok. What are the actual readings of ammonia, nitrite and nitrate? When you say newly cycled what do you mean? Was it a fishless cycle or did you let the filter run for a while without fish or...? A cycled tank should not have any ammonia or nitrite readings. Please we need more info to help out. :)

The answer here is pretty obvious, your tank is not cycled. You put fish in a tank after one week and thus you are now going through the nitrogen cycle. Please read the articles on this site under the articles section about the nitrogen cycle and fishless cycling.

Angels are very sensitive to water parameters, especially juveniles. You will need to do 50% water changes twice a day to keep the water toxin levels survivable , and some fish may still die... or take the fish back to the store and do a fishless cycle.

Back
Top Bottom