Sick angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Charleston

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Somebody please help me! My angel has what i suspect a fungal infection. He has cobweb looking things on his fins and eyes. How do i treat this??? Thank you in advance!

Water tests to check water just in case.

Pick up anti-fungal from store eg methylene blue.

Also grab an antibiotic like triple sulpha or furan 2 in case that.

Treat in hospital tank if you can (use same tank water).

Water tests to check water just in case.

Pick up anti-fungal from store eg methylene blue.

Also grab an antibiotic like triple sulpha or furan 2 in case that.

Treat in hospital tank if you can (use same tank water).

I tested water, everything is fine, but 5.0 ppm in nitrites!!!! Can that affect/cause fungal infections? He is now barely breathing, and want to eat, but seems to be choking on something. I also picked up this, and put in a dose:IMG_0322.jpgIMG_0323.jpg

NitrIte spike suggests prior ammonia spike from something in last week or so? Could be related.

Add seachem prime or pinch of salt to detoxify nitrite (or water change but check tap water chemistry just in case water company flushed pipes).

That product might work on fungal - would get the antibiotics still.

Salt - 1/15th tsp/10g for 1ppm nitrite. Salt can be used to prevent nitrite poisoning, if the chloride ions are 30 times the concentration of nitrite ions.
- seawater 3.5% (35 ppT).

My old notes (be interested in success stories). In theory should be good for skin / scale infections.

1-chloro-2, 2, 5, 5-tetramethyl-4-imidazolidinone - The active ingredient is a stabilized form of chlorine but the only approved medical use for it as a contact lens cleaner (eg tetra life guard). Oxidiser. Doesn't seem to work?
Stabilised chlorine oxides or sodium chlorite (e.d. mardel maroxy). Oxidiser. May work?

My old notes (be interested in success stories). In theory should be good for skin / scale infections.

1-chloro-2, 2, 5, 5-tetramethyl-4-imidazolidinone - The active ingredient is a stabilized form of chlorine but the only approved medical use for it as a contact lens cleaner (eg tetra life guard). Oxidiser. Doesn't seem to work?
Stabilised chlorine oxides or sodium chlorite (e.d. mardel maroxy). Oxidiser. May work?

Ok will try. I an also now noticing clamped, weak fins. He is having a hard time swimming around. He is alone in a 29 gallon, (all other fish died but one molly who is dying as well)

Unfortunately doesn’t sound good I’m afraid - sorry.

I put in a pinch of aquarium salt last night, and hes looking so much better. All thats left is a small bit of fungal fin rot. I will treat that today. THANK YOU so much for your help!!!

Back
Top Bottom