Sick Blue Ram

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Secret037

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong thread, etc., I'm a bit desperate for any kind of answer.
I've currently got a sick ram on my hands and try as I may to look around for advice or answers, I can't seem to find one relating to mine so much.
So about the situation: I've got a 20gallon-long tank with two female rams in it. I've had them for almost 5 months and I do regular water changes.
I had recently been away from them for a week or two, so they didn't get fed as much and they're used to, and when I came back home, one of them look quite obviously sick and, I can only describe it as 'skinnier' while the other is perfectly fine. I thought that maybe she just got skinny because she hadn't eaten while I was away (I sweat it makes me fish sad when I leave them for a little bit so they don't exactly eat when my roommate feeds them) so I hoped she'd start looking better after a few feedings, but she hasn't changed.
Anyways, she hangs out around the bottom of the tank, darker than normal color and when she swims around it's more of a scoot (kind of a burst of energy to move, or something). She still likes to eat, but since she's been scooting I've dropped the food closer to her so she doesn't have to look for it since she even has a hard time doing that.
I wasn't sure if maybe she had a parasite so I soaked some of her food in a medication for internal parasites but she refused to eat it (she'd spit it right back out).
I don't quite know what's wrong with her, but I've increased the temperature to about 84-85 and added some salt to the tank to cover the basics. None of that seems to have changed anything.
Could anyone give me any kind of advice on the issue? Anything is appreciated. =)

(PS: I apologize if this sounds scattered and a little confusing. If you need a better understanding of something, just let me know and I'll rephrase.)
Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom