Sick calico oranda

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flake

Aquarium Advice Addict
Came in this morning and found bubbles (yes, bubbles) laying at the bottom of the tank. I've seen him do this once before when I received the gift of an uncycled tank that was horribly overstocked. He would get floppy if ammonia was too high. I quickly ran for tests and found everything at 0.

No one else is sick, he's barely swimming and has very little color. His face is almost gray. After helping him move around, he'd swim for a little and then faceplant into the ground and stay there. In getting him out of the tank, I had to pull him out of a plant where he was stuck face down. I quickly pulled him into a bucket with stress coat and an air stone. (i'm swapping tanks this weekend, so I don't have a clean spare).

We don't have high hopes for bubbles' recovery :bawl:

What could be wrong with my favorite freshwater fish? :(

No luck. Bubbles didn't pull through. Not sure what stressed him out. I think it may have been the pearl gouramis or just latent damage from the unfortunate cycling incident. :(

Oh well. Maybe some day we'll try orandas again.

Thanks, we couldn't figure out why, but everyone else seems to be okay, so that's the important part. tank looked too empty so we put some tetras and mollies in it, at it's looking better. :)

Back
Top Bottom