sick cichlids?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

austinsheeler

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys my frontosa has his side arm fin stuck tight to his body. He does not seem injured. No addition to the fish tank except some small pottery pots. He used it a little bit but mostly stays tight to his body. Anyone have any idea what this could be? Maybe an injury while I was at work? It looks pretty good just hes not using it much at all. He swims fine and everything. If this was an injury or something else, what are suggestions of how to fix this? Auarium salt maybe?

Also i have a Rusty fish I think. She may be a mix of something else were not sure but she has some beaten up fins a little bit and a white lump on her bottom lip like a sore or something. Anyone know what this could be and do you fix with aquarium salt for this also.

75 gallon tank
15 approx. fish
everyone else in the tank seem to be healthy though. Have not checked levels in about 2 weeks. Last I checked everything was in good ranges. Please let me know what ideas you may have for these issues thanks for your time.

austinsheeler said:
Hey guys my frontosa has his side arm fin stuck tight to his body. He does not seem injured. No addition to the fish tank except some small pottery pots. He used it a little bit but mostly stays tight to his body. Anyone have any idea what this could be? Maybe an injury while I was at work? It looks pretty good just hes not using it much at all. He swims fine and everything. If this was an injury or something else, what are suggestions of how to fix this? Auarium salt maybe?

Also i have a Rusty fish I think. She may be a mix of something else were not sure but she has some beaten up fins a little bit and a white lump on her bottom lip like a sore or something. Anyone know what this could be and do you fix with aquarium salt for this also.

75 gallon tank
15 approx. fish
everyone else in the tank seem to be healthy though. Have not checked levels in about 2 weeks. Last I checked everything was in good ranges. Please let me know what ideas you may have for these issues thanks for your time.

I have a yellow lab , who had the same ( fin close to body) injury. As a couple of weeks went by,, the fin was back being very functional! It seems as though , fish heal themselves , in due time. ( injury wise)

Check your levels ASAP. And change some water. It's amazing what can go haywire in a couple days! Dealing with a bunch a stuff now!

Back
Top Bottom