Sick Clown Loach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scooby

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I really need some help........I have a Clown Loach (one of a pair I've had for almost a year with no problems other than a couple bouts with ich) who is bloated and the orange color is closer to a gold/yellow. Also, it has white rings around it's eyes.
I took it from the 55 gal and put it in a 20 gal by itself.......I'm really bummin' because they are my favorite fish.

Any ideas????? Please............

Thanks
Dave

I don't have a specific suggestion, although I have some ideas.

Sounds like dropsy. Dropsy isn't a disease in and of itself, but a sign of other probs; its a result of the kidneys shutting down and not removing fluids from the fish's body. The ring around the eyes also sounds like the beginning of pop eye; again not a disease but a symptom.

What to do it a little more difficult as its tough to figure out what the cause is. Is he still eating? I'd suggest an antibiotic food. I've used Pepso before for other reasons and it appears to work; its an antiparastite/antibacterial.

I'd also throw a post about this on www.loaches.com forum. They're the loach gurus, and may have some more specific ideas then I.

Good luck.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom