Sick Cory Cat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a friend having a similar problem. I asked what she was feeding them and she was only feeding flake food. She had two die with the same symptoms as you are having. I feed my Cory's sinking shrimp pellets. They can not get enough food from the left over flakes from the other fish gobbling it all up. And most of them will not go to the surface to feed. They can't thrive on only algae pellets alone. Just a thought that maybe you should get some 'sinking' pellet food of some sort. The rest of her Cory's are doing great since she added the sinking pellets to their diet.

Ok I will try that too. Right now they get flake food and algae pellets. However, I think it might have been sick, a few if my neon tetras have developed a bubble looking thing at the mouth. I am treating them for bacteria and fungal issues, hopefully it works.

Ok, it's been a while since my original post. Obviously, as I mentioned earlier, the cory died. I've been having some issues with our tetras. Two of them have white balls by their mouths. I have medicated the tank several times. The issue seems to be halted. Not going away, but not getting worse either. The reason I am posting here is because I just had another issue if the "egg like" things showing up in the tank. They look like little sesame seeds. They're on gravel, glass and decor. I have to scrape at them to get them off the glass. Any ideas what it is? I don't know if it's related to the other issues or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

In case anyone has a similar issues, the sesame seed looking things are Nerite snail eggs

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Sorry to hear. I've had similar issues where I get a whole group of cories and for one reason or another sometimes I lose them. I added 6 bronze to my tank a month ago. One died within five days, four are getting big and nice and healthy, and one is still puny and struggling. I've had it happen with pandas, bronze, bandits, and albinos. I've never had nerite snails or eggs so I can't comment on that. I find that the bigger I get them, the more likely they can handle the stress and adapt. I've had the most trouble with pandas though.
I hope all the other fish get better!

Back
Top Bottom