Sick Dojo Loach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HiddenHero

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I have a 20-gal freshwater tank and a dojo loach that is several years old. I recently added a number of guppies and a pleco to the tank.

Several new guppies fell sick (white patches on the skin and fins, sticky fins, lethargy) and I removed them to a quarantine tank. It has been four or five days since I removed them.

Today or last night, my dojo began floating when he's usually on the bottom; he has a large bulge in the middle of his body; his face also puffed up (his mouth is almost forced closed and his barbels went limp and curled downwards); he drifts around the tank like a loose balloon and alternates between twitching feebly, being stock still, and thrashing about; lastly air bubbles come out of his rear end. I changed 5 gal of water and added some conditioner. Any tips or treatments would be greatly appreciated; thank you.

Only thing I can think of with them symptoms is internal parasites, I would treat it with medication for that and hope for the best. Did you QT the new stock before you added it?

Don't fell bad I'm sure nearly everyone has made that mistake at the beginning including me :( I had the same thing with harlequin rasboras and all my fish got parasites. Hope your loach recovers. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom