Sick fish! Help??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melina

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everone! I have a Lyretail Swordtail fish in my 30 gal tank who is acting quite strange. She has always been somewhat shy, however recently she barely comes out of her cave, even to eat, and swims erratically when she does come out.

Some relevant info: The tank has ich right now, and I've been treating it for some time. The Lyretail doesn't have any spots from what I can see though.

Also, one of her tank mates is a bit of a bully, but I've never seen him go after her, so I don't think that is the problem.

Any suggestions of what this could be and how to help?

I'm thinking it could just be stress, but if so, how can I help her??

The reclusive behavior might be the result of the Ick med, or If you are using the heat method, diminished oxygen in the water.

That would make sense... how can I help? Should I move her into a different tank for a bit? I only have a 5 gal that is housing my corydoras (because they are also sensitive to the treatment), but is there any way to increase the oxygen while still treating the tank fully?

Back
Top Bottom