Sick Goldfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cricketluu

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a fantail that has been on the bottom and listless, not eating, for the last few days. I've done big water changes, added Safe Start and tried h2o2. The other goldies in my tank appear to be fine. This guy has been more sensitive for a long time. He's not eating, moves little and when he does he lists onto his side, then struggles and rights himself. Breathing looks irregular. I read about nitrite poisoning and the symptoms don't seem to match his condition, ie no brown gills or apparent burns. He looks normal except that his color is a bit paler than usual. I bought clove oil today to euth him with, but wanted to check in here first to see if anyone has ideas. I hate watching him suffer this way. Testing my water. New at it, but nitrites, nitrates and ammonia seem to be at safe levels, although they may not have been when he went into distress a few days ago. Has anyone had success in bringing a fish back from this level of distress?

Back
Top Bottom