Sick gourami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alo96

Aquarium Advice Activist
Today I was cleaning my step moms fish tank and saw two little red bumps on a gourami. Can anyone help me with information about what it could be. Thanks!

Attachments

• image-2396842287.jpg
    image-2396842287.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 86
  • image-3282392457.jpg
    image-3282392457.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 81
Well, frequent water changes help a lot of problems. There was another thread where some fish had white on their eyes and it was ammonia burns. Could the tank be cycling? Has it been set up long?

I'm guessing the one in the pic was a drawf since I have three of those in my tank. The pearls will get A LOT bigger than the drawfs, so I'd either set up another tank with atleast three or more pearls, or add in two to four more drawls depending on the size of the tank. I have threegourami's in mine (two powder blue one fire red drawfs) and there were some chasing, tail nipping, and head butting by my fire red, so I added in one more powder blue and the fighting has gone down exponentially.

One of your gourami's may be more aggressive and territorial than the other ones as well. I find that dwarfs for sure are either agressive of extremly passive.

Back
Top Bottom