Sick Green Tiger Barbs(1 Dead,1 On the way.) NEED Advice!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SHIFT_Unique

Aquarium Advice Activist
All of a sudden 2 of my 3 green tiger barbs, are nto doing well. One hovers around the top pof the water, or lays in a hole in my drift wood, the other is hiding behind some plants.

PH=6.6
KH=3*
Ammonia=0ppm
Nitrite=0pmm
Nitrate=20ppm
Temp=80.4*F

I have been dosing Neutral Regulator, but doesnt seem to be doing the job anymore. Perhaps i have too much in my tank now? Doesn't seem to be bothering my Rams and i know they are more sensitive fish than tiger barbs.

UPDATE: The tiger barb just died. i think it must be a internal parasite, because it was really really skinny. how and where do they get these? frozen food? contaminated driftwood? none of my other fish look this way except one other green tiger barb, i believe will have the same fate, death.

What meds do i need for internal parasites

Sorry to hear SHIFT. I've never had any luck with green tiger barbs. They always just....get sick and die after a while. Anyways, frozen food can contain nasties IF it was previously thawed and then refrozen. Contaminated driftwood could too, I guess.

The best track for internal parasites is medicated foods. Jungle carries a kind. If not, a medicine with metronidazole or praziquantel will work. I think Jungle's Parasite Clear (or something along the lines of that name) carry both of these meds.

HTH

Back
Top Bottom