Sick Lobo brain?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ellisz

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi all,

I have noticed one side of a brain coral I have has been recessed quite a bit. It came back out for a day or so but is currently in the same state as the pic. The other sode looks ok but I have heard that if one side goes the other will follow.

Is there anything I can do? I suspect some temp issues might have stressed it but everything else is ok even my recent starfish addition.

Thanks

What coral do you have to the right of the brain? Looks like a case of warfare.

Cheers
Steve

I believe it is a toadstool leather. I guess I should put some fresh carbon in and see if that helps. The leather is getting too big for its spot for sure.

Leather corals can usually be quite toxic on the chemical front if other corals become too close. Carbon is a great "general" tool for removing toxic problems from the water and something I would recommend with many mixed species in the tank. In this case though, one of them needs to be moved as the carbon will not alleiviate corals problem in such close proximity...

Be sure if it's the lobo you move that the damaged area is not in direct water flow or strong light. The recession is not very advanced and should recover.

Cheers
Steve

I added some fresh carbon and moved the leather so it is far away from the brain. The brain was looking much better today.

Thanks for the info Steve!

Back
Top Bottom