Sick Mollies please help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shayahna

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok I have two mollies in a 10 gal. Tank with all the essentials. There are also a female swordtail and a ghost shrimp. Recently one of my mollies, Pongo, has been swimming weirdly. He will float to the top randomly, start spiraling around, tilting to the side. I have put him in a Epsom salt bath a few times and no improvement. And he is refusing to eat the blanched peas. I am worried about him. On the other hand my other Molly, Jax, has had a fungal infection for about a month now. I've been treating the water with pimafix for a few weeks with regular weekly water changes. No real improvement. I am starting to worry about them and I would really like some advice! Thank you guys!

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Have you tested the water ??
How much water are you changing ?
How often ?

I recommend mollies for tanks that are 30 gallons or larger. Mollies reach sizes of 3 to 5 inches and need a lot of swimming room. I think they are much too active for a 10 gallon.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have and the ph is normal the ammonia is 0.

I usually change 50% of the water sometimes more.

My mollies are rather relaxed for now I think it's because they are not well. I am getting a larger tank soon so they will be moved to that tank once it is here and I let it run for a bit.

I've had mollies that were otherwise ok react badly to the pima so that is one thought that it could be a reaction to the meds.

Other is that a med should make a difference to fungal infection well inside a week. Pima I've not had much luck with against full blown fungal infections and would swap meds.

Back
Top Bottom