Sick Plec

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bren501

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
IMG_9708.jpgIMG_9709.jpgIMG_9710.jpg

Help not seen my plec for a week and finally appeared looking like this!! I have lost a few tetra over the past week also! Is there a treatment for this as it looks bacterial! All water parameters are fine

7.8pH
0 ammonia
0 nitrate
0 nitrate

That looks more like Fungus to me. The Pleco likely injured itself allowing the Fungus to attach itself to the damaged tissue. You might try a disinfectant med like Melafix, plus keeping the water pristine.

That looks more like Fungus to me. The Pleco likely injured itself allowing the Fungus to attach itself to the damaged tissue. You might try a disinfectant med like Melafix, plus keeping the water pristine.

Thank you will melafix just sort out the fungus?
Is the a product that will wipe out harmful bacteria/fungus/parasite i do sooner treat for everything to cover all angles

Paraguard. A SeaChem product.

Would this be ok for all fresh water fish too?
I have found a product called blagdon all in one treatment for bacteria fungus and parasites.

At the moment he’s in a quarantine tank salt bath he seems happier already displaying his dorsal fin and looking a little less red on the sore around his eye. I Will get a treatment today.

Looks like Columnaris to me.

[emoji1303] just had a google about this I think you could be right! I’ve lowered he temps of the tank hopefully slow the growth of the fungus/bacteria

Back
Top Bottom