Sick Polyps :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

acshaw21

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have some polyps in my tank. They have been there since I set up the tank about 5 or 6 months ago. Recently, these little guys became ill. They have shrunk up (not closed - just significantly decreased in size) and turned yellow (originally were a brownish red color). I can't figure out why this has happened. Water parameters are 0 ammonia, 0 nitrites, 5 nitrates and salinity is about 1.022. Water temp is abour 80 to 81 degrees (possibly its to warm for them?) Now, I have another chunk of LR with polyps on it that was purchased the same day. These guys seem to be doing ok although they aren't growing really quickly. Water flow should be just right - not to much, not to little. The only ohter things I can imagine is that I may be missing some key elements necessary for their health (although I do use Kent Marine Essential Elements during water changes). Or maybe I have some kind of bacteria infection? Any help would be much appreciated :/

One thing, you may want to bump your salinity up to 1.0245-1.025 over several days. Temp is not too high, my tank runs at 81.4-82.2 all the time. HTH

you might want to try some Kent Coral-vite or coral accel. These perked my polyps up. Also your Calcium could stand to go up some. around 450. Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom